Created: Sep 25, 2001
Updated: May 3, 2015
SVN Updated: Mar 10, 2009
Other project properties
Development status: Planning
WishBone Compliant: Yes
*NOTE* This project is currently unmaintained and uncompleted. If you would like to take over this project please contact the current maintainer Kris Bahnsen.
FireWire, Apple's implementation of IEEE 1394 protocol, is a high performance serial bus protocol to provide easy-to-use, low-cost, high-speed communications. Click here for a good collection of links to IEEE 1394 documents. The goals of the FireWire project is to provide IEEE 1394 and IEEE 1394a-2000 compliant Link Layer cores: Link core and Host Controller core . The project will also include firmware for Transaction Layer and Serial Bus Management Layer.
- Developing test bench/test plan for the link controller
- RTL coding in Verilog
- Revising "Link Core Specification"
- 03/03/2002: Checked in the link request block verilog file link_req.v 1.1
- 11/11/2001: Checked in "Link Core Specification Rev 0.1"
- 25/10/2001: Finished reading FireWire related specs and datasheets.
- 30/06/2001: Released initial FireWire homepage.
- FireWire homepage setup - FireWire protocol research - FireWire specification documentation - RTL coding in Verilog - Test bench development and verification - Synthesis and P&R targeting Altera and Xilinx FPGA's - Timing verification - FireWire cores validation on hardware if possible - FireWire cores release