Created: Mar 18, 2002
Updated: Aug 27, 2008
SVN Updated: Jun 23, 2009
Other project properties
Development status: Stable
WishBone Compliant: No
The 'Video Compression Systems Project' was started with the idea to provide readily available blocks for compression systems. Which, combined toghether, form a complete compression standard.
Examples of popular standards are:
- MPEG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4) and H.264
- H.310, H.320 etc. (video conferencing)
- JPEG & MJPEG
All aspects of a standard are covered. The links on the top of this page provide access to the blocks needed to build a complete system.
- Finished cores:
- - 8x8 fully pipelined parallel DCT. Provides a DCT result every clock cycle.
- - QNR. Quantization & Rounding Unit.
- - Run-Length-Encoder.
- - Huffman Encoder / Decoder.
- - A base profile H.264 encoder
- Developers wanted.