Created: Sep 25, 2001
Updated: Oct 15, 2001
SVN Updated: Mar 10, 2009
Other project properties
Development status: Planning
WishBone Compliant: No
OpenCores Reference Platform 2 (OCRP-2) is full-size length add-in PCI board. It includes two FPGA chips, video D/A and A/D converters, SDRAM memory, FLASH memory, PLD chip, USB, EIA232 and Ethernet PHY chips. It is designed for a debugging and verification process for several of our cores. See a block diagram for details.
One special function of this board is to provide a method for a remote test of cores. The board will be used via web based interface. It will be possible to download design to the board and use a JAVA based logic analyzer and signal generator to debug a particular core. This interface will be similar to Hewlett Packard's 16550 Logic Analyzer which is possible to be used remotely via X session.
Second possible use is to use it as a stand alone board. FPGAs are loaded via PC's printer port with centronics cable and external power supply must be provided.
It is designed to be used as a base platform to port Linux, RTEMS and eCos operating systems to OpenRISC architecture and to write device drivers for our peripheral cores.
DESCRIPTION: Picture 1: Block diagaram
- preliminary design schematic is available as Adobe PDF document ~125 kb
- or as Protel schematics ~100 kb
- currently working on PCI interface and FPGAs configuration schematics
- the design files will be updated in the following days
- thanks to all those who showed interest in the design so far, providing also support with new ideeas and links to component datasheets;
- special thanks to email@example.com for his guidelines and hints regarding the Ethernet design part;
- special thanks to firstname.lastname@example.org for his kind support with hints and tips in designing with Protel99.