Created: Jun 26, 2004
Updated: Jul 3, 2012
SVN Updated: Mar 10, 2009
Other project properties
Development status: Stable
Additional info: Design done
WishBone Compliant: No
- RTL done and design verified using testbench.
- Will upload soon.
- June 27th 2004, updated. Please click on 'Downloads' (top right on this page).
- June 29 2004, There was a typo in reed_solomon.v file. The output ports d0, d1, d2, d3 actually refer to q0, q1, q2, q3 (see readme.txt file). Sorry for the confusion. Corrected now.
- User defined generator polynomial.
- Allows experimentation with diferent generator polynomials for best implementation.
- Replacable Galois field multiplier submodule for a different primitive polynomial.
- Can be used for shortened codes.
- Achieved > 200MHZ ( = 1.6 Gbps) on Altera's Stratix FPGA.
Reed Solomon Encoder
Reed Solomon Encoder synthesizable IP core compatible with G709, DVB1, DVB2 standards. Implements (n, k) code where n-k = 16 ( 8 byte error correction capable code). The verilog is written in such a way as to be easily parameterized for different values of n and k. If there is any interest for parameterization, let me know and I will create a version 2 core. Otherwise the core "as is" can be used to implement for example, a (255, 239) or (204, 188) codes. The underlying galois field is GF(2^8) with primitive polynomial, x^8+x^4+x^3+x^2+1.