Created: Aug 5, 2010
Updated: Apr 19, 2013
SVN Updated: Aug 24, 2010
Other project properties
Development status: Alpha
Additional info: Specification done
WishBone Compliant: Yes
SoftUSB is part of the
, the most advanced open source SoC for interactive multimedia applications.
- Supports full (12Mbps) and low (1.5Mbps) speed operation
- Two downstream ports with shared bandwidth
- Integrated PHY
- Directly interfaces to common USB transceivers such as the MIC2550A
- Hybrid architecture featuring the Navré AVR compatible processor (8-bit RISC) to implement the complex parts of OHCI in C software.
- Two asynchronous clock domains: system clock and 48MHz USB
- AVR program and OHCI descriptors and data are stored in shared (system addressable) on-chip dual-port RAM
SoftUSB is work in progress, for the latest information or to contribute to the development please see the Milkymist-devel mailing list and the #milkymist channel on the Freenode IRC network. In particular, testers are wanted for the Navré softcore.
- CSR bus specifications