Created: Feb 11, 2003
Updated: Feb 17, 2015
SVN Updated: Mar 10, 2009
Other project properties
Development status: Stable
WishBone Compliant: Yes
Controller Area Network or CAN is a control network protocol from
Bosch that has found wide use in Industrial Automation and the
Most of the patents of CAN are owned by Bosch and although there
are no restictions on developing an opensource CAN IP but for any
commercial use the protocol license from Bosch is an indispensable prerequisite.
Size is approximately 12k gates (930 flip-flops).
- Non-Destructive bit-wise arbitration (CSMA/CA)
- Message Based Addressing/Filtering
- Broadcast Communication
- 1 Mbit/Sec Operation
- WISHBONE SoC interface
- 8051 interface
- SJA1000 (Philips) compatible interface.
- Verilog version finished (tested in HW and verified with the Bosch VHDL Reference System) (October, 27, 2004)
- Verilog version can be found here.